Postby Francesco.Tedeschi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:33 pm

White2 48/88 kHz pack released!
Francesco Tedeschi
Francesco.Tedeschi
Expert
Expert

Re: White 2

Postby markgalup » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Thanks, Francesco. Win and Mac both available now?
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Thierr7 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 am

I reinstalled WHITE 1 to compare the two versions ... Even though "2" is better on Mids and High bands with obviously more samples , i find the Lows on WHITE 1 much better ; it's got a real nice deep and round tone while the low end in "2" is rather harch ...

I did the same thing with MAGENTA and installed one of the first releases ; I always loved the bottom ends of Magenta3 but like others , find the highs too harsh ( i know it's going to be updated this year ...)

The question : Is it ok to use 2 different releases of the same plugin to get the best of both worlds without any phase issue :?:

Thanks in advance :)
Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:39 am

Thierr7 wrote:I reinstalled WHITE 1 to compare the two versions ... Even though "2" is better on Mids and High bands with obviously more samples , i find the Lows on WHITE 1 much better ; it's got a real nice deep and round tone while the low end in "2" is rather harch ...

I did the same thing with MAGENTA and installed one of the first releases ; I always loved the bottom ends of Magenta3 but like others , find the highs too harsh ( i know it's going to be updated this year ...)

The question : Is it ok to use 2 different releases of the same plugin to get the best of both worlds without any phase issue :?:

Thanks in advance :)

i wasn't aware White 1 have better lows
as i actually expected white 2 to be better everywhere
thanks Thierr7 :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory2 IAE-2 • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • Titanium2 • White2 • N3s • N4
jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Postby Thierr7 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi Man ,

I had a Tape program on the Drum bus and when disabled , it's not so obvious anymore ! White1 Lows sounded better with the tape on but without , it's pretty close , might be a bit rounder than White 2 around 40 htz ... But Release 2 is very punchy and Mids and Highs are way better !

About MAGENTA , 1rst release has defenatly better highs than latest IMO but I'm in love the bottom . really impressive , i hope the coming update will fix the high end harshness , this would be dynamite ! :)

PS : It's too bad we can't use the Black skin of WHITE 1 , I don't get why regular WHITE 2 skin is inverted : Highs at the bottom and Lows on top makes it awkward to use , at least for me ...
Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to White