Login

Alternative for Nyrv Agent (Reaper)

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: Alternative for Nyrv Agent (Reaper)

Postby teddybeer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:33 pm

dagovitsj wrote:Thanks again!
The toolbar under the 'Play', 'Pause' buttons, is that part of the Imperial theme or have you customized that yourself?
I see that you have a LBX-button to the right.

It's customized. This way I can open LBX (or other stuff) with one click instead of 2 or 3 :)
teddybeer
User Level I
User Level I

Postby llesne » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Ok I begin to understand... Very ingenious :shock: !

However, how do you handle gain staging inside a Lbx strip ? For a nebula eq for example, you have gain In & out for each band ?
iMac late 2013, 3.1 GHz Intel Core I7, 16 Go RAM, OSX 10.9.5 - Lynx Aurora (n) - APS Klasik - Reaper 5 -Nebula 3 server, White2, Navy, Pink compressors, Pink CM, Tan, Ochre, Gold
llesne
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby dagovitsj » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:24 pm

@ Ilesne: Earlier I have used a kind of Reaper-parameter-modulation hack that was introduced in this forum some years ago. In short: Stacking 4-5 nebula libs, connecting those to a GUI from a plugin and use parameter modulation to connect knobs.

As long as you hit the first Nebula instance at -18 dBFS (RMS) I haven't experienced any need to do more gain staging from one Nebula instance to the other. Exeption: If you combine libs that require -18 dBFS (RMS) with for example CDSoundmaster's libs, you have to gain stage between those to make sure you hit them at the sweet spot.
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Postby teddybeer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:36 pm

llesne wrote:Ok I begin to understand... Very ingenious :shock: !

However, how do you handle gain staging inside a Lbx strip ? For a nebula eq for example, you have gain In & out for each band ?

Yes, you can add gain in/out for each eq band. I also have the track's meter (inserted in the strip) that shows the level post fx.
I'm still working on this...I'm not quite ready to mix with it.
teddybeer
User Level I
User Level I

Postby lbhms » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi,

I'm am the developer of the LBX Stripper script. Thanks for looking into it, and giving it the nod here. I started it because I was frustrated at the perceptually slow development of Agent, and the need for a much larger grid size than Agent allowed (To build those AlexB EQs etc). Of course - I designed Stripper such that you can create channel strips of practically any size (there is a grid limit of 2048x2048 pixels per page) and featuring any plugins you wish (as long as they are automatable in Reaper).

It's still well and truly in development - so if you have any questions or feature requests let me know. I monitor the Cockos thread more than here - so best to post any requests there if possible.

RJ put into my head the feature of creating EQs from your favourite bands from any EQ sometime back and allowing for control on a freq/gain grid. So I added that. This bit might still be a bit rough around the edges - but it works ok and you might want to take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIic9n9VKwM

Apologies for the choppy video in places - my laptop doesn't like running Nebula and capturing full-hd video at the same time!! :?

Any questions - please ask.

Cheers,
Leon.
lbhms
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby llesne » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:28 pm

First of all, thank you for the job you're doing here. The Reaper community is really full of smart and generous people.

What could be great in the future is a way to share strips across users, and maybe a platform to compile everything. We could quickly have all the libraries covered I think...

Oh and maybe a little user manual.
iMac late 2013, 3.1 GHz Intel Core I7, 16 Go RAM, OSX 10.9.5 - Lynx Aurora (n) - APS Klasik - Reaper 5 -Nebula 3 server, White2, Navy, Pink compressors, Pink CM, Tan, Ochre, Gold
llesne
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby lbhms » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm

llesne wrote:First of all, thank you for the job you're doing here. The Reaper community is really full of smart and generous people.

What could be great in the future is a way to share strips across users, and maybe a platform to compile everything. We could quickly have all the libraries covered I think...

Oh and maybe a little user manual.

Thanks,

I agree - a little work needs to be done on making strips more portable. It is possible at the moment - but controls and graphics need to be manually shared - which can be a pain.

Reaper doesn't AFAIK provide any straight forward copyfile routines, nor Lua language in general without additional libraries. This of course makes it somewhat more difficult to compile all the necessary files in one place for sharing between users. I can probably do it through Shell commands - but being only on Windows - I'd only be able to get it working on that platform. I will be looking into it in depth soon. For Macs/Linux - I'd need to do some research and rely on others to test. (Well I suppose I could set up a Linux rig easy enough - but will probably never own a Mac).

Haha - yes - the dreaded manual. I will produce one once the bulk of the coding is done for v1. In the meantime there are quite a few tutorial videos produced by timbralzoom - these can be found on his YouTube channel - and many links are in the first post on the Cockos thread.
lbhms
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby llesne » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Take your time, it's just some random ideas...
You're the best placed to fix the schedule :)
Great to have you here. xxx
llesne
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby dagovitsj » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:01 pm

@ lbhms: Big thanks from me too, it's very generous of you to develop this tool for us.

Good idea to share stips and graphics!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Postby lbhms » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:13 pm

No probs.

In fact - I think I have a working prototype of a strip sharing mechanism working... 8-)

It exports the strip data, and binary image data and knb file data into a single file and then explodes the data back out into separate files when you import it...
lbhms
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to Other things