@ Ilesne: Earlier I have used a kind of Reaper-parameter-modulation hack that was introduced in this forum some years ago. In short: Stacking 4-5 nebula libs, connecting those to a GUI from a plugin and use parameter modulation to connect knobs.
As long as you hit the first Nebula instance at -18 dBFS (RMS) I haven't experienced any need to do more gain staging from one Nebula instance to the other. Exeption: If you combine libs that require -18 dBFS (RMS) with for example CDSoundmaster's libs, you have to gain stage between those to make sure you hit them at the sweet spot.
I'm am the developer of the LBX Stripper script. Thanks for looking into it, and giving it the nod here. I started it because I was frustrated at the perceptually slow development of Agent, and the need for a much larger grid size than Agent allowed (To build those AlexB EQs etc). Of course - I designed Stripper such that you can create channel strips of practically any size (there is a grid limit of 2048x2048 pixels per page) and featuring any plugins you wish (as long as they are automatable in Reaper).
It's still well and truly in development - so if you have any questions or feature requests let me know. I monitor the Cockos thread more than here - so best to post any requests there if possible.
RJ put into my head the feature of creating EQs from your favourite bands from any EQ sometime back and allowing for control on a freq/gain grid. So I added that. This bit might still be a bit rough around the edges - but it works ok and you might want to take a look.
llesne wrote:First of all, thank you for the job you're doing here. The Reaper community is really full of smart and generous people.
What could be great in the future is a way to share strips across users, and maybe a platform to compile everything. We could quickly have all the libraries covered I think...
Oh and maybe a little user manual.
I agree - a little work needs to be done on making strips more portable. It is possible at the moment - but controls and graphics need to be manually shared - which can be a pain.
Reaper doesn't AFAIK provide any straight forward copyfile routines, nor Lua language in general without additional libraries. This of course makes it somewhat more difficult to compile all the necessary files in one place for sharing between users. I can probably do it through Shell commands - but being only on Windows - I'd only be able to get it working on that platform. I will be looking into it in depth soon. For Macs/Linux - I'd need to do some research and rely on others to test. (Well I suppose I could set up a Linux rig easy enough - but will probably never own a Mac).
Haha - yes - the dreaded manual. I will produce one once the bulk of the coding is done for v1. In the meantime there are quite a few tutorial videos produced by timbralzoom - these can be found on his YouTube channel - and many links are in the first post on the Cockos thread.