Login

Acqua Pink vs. Lime

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Acqua Pink vs. Lime

Postby rubcn » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi guys!

I´m a new costumer... What you recomend me to electronic music mixing? (House, techno...)

Lime is far away better (results) than pink?

what is better for drum bus compression "Pink pack-compressors" or "Lime compresors"?
And one more about the eq´s "pink eq´s vs. Lime eq´s" what is better?

what product beetwin pink (channel strip and comprrssors pack) and Lime can work and do the better for techno and house sources??

Thanks a million to all! happy new year :)
rubcn
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Acqua Pink vs. Lime

Postby davidgary73 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:27 pm

I have Pink and i find is useful on pop stuff and i hardly use on EDM genres.

My current favourite are Lime and Sand.

For Lime, it's EQ is really nice, BIG fat bottom end on the C compressor which works great on jazz, pop, EDM etc but i prefer Sand for mainly EDM work. Sand EQ is crispy, solid, good for bringing things out, to cut through in a mix and the compressor sounds pretty punchy and the "glue" we always wanted from a S*L.

Do give all the 3 products a demo and see which one you like most :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.3 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta3 • Green3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • N3 & N4 • Diamond •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby rubcn » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi David! Thanks for reply;)
I've do test just one day with sand, Pink. But from yesterday demo trials are not availble until 9th this month. So I have no posibility to follow testing.
I'm so so surprised un how Lime compressors glueing the drums and punchy that imprints.. but im confused about what IS best compressr for drum bus...
rubcn
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby robschroeder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 pm

From the devices Sand and Pink are coming from Sand is more for EDM and Pink more for Rock stuff. This is also the way I prefer them.

Best compressor for drums is what you are doing with them. On Sand you have the famous bus compressor which works nearly well with drum groups - the equivalent on Pink which is also a famous group compressor is also good but I prefer it more on acoustic drums. But this is only my 2c.

One thin you could prefer is internal sidechain on Sand which Pink compressor doesn't have.
robschroeder

Postby rubcn » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:28 am

Thanks Rob!
I ussually do mixing for minimal techno, Melodic techno (underground) and analogue House, vintage synths and analogue drum machines like tr909/808 etc...
I asked about Pink because, one of the best mix engineer who mix for the most part of top produces of my kind of style do the drums EQ and group compression with API550 and the famous punchy 2500 comp.
Mix Engineer is Hannes Bieger
rubcn
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:37 am

To add ... for those of the N4 interest, I'll once again point to 'additional' libraries by AlexB, with his American series [1608 Console, 550A, 550B, and the 5500 EQ's, 525 Dynamics].

The beauty of Nebula/Acqua technology ... each library is unique, even of the same modeled hardware. And then we have Dev's creating libraries of hardware from different time periods.

The creative, sonic options make each of these worth owning, with these choices of 'similar' brands, lets you put unique sonic signatures across a project with just the right character, by allowing each instrument to speak it's own voice from a coherent point of reference.

Support all Our Dev's ... they are key 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby glaca » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:52 am

RJHollins wrote:To add ... for those of the N4 interest, I'll once again point to 'additional' libraries by AlexB, with his American series [1608 Console, 550A, 550B, and the 5500 EQ's, 525 Dynamics].

The beauty of Nebula/Acqua technology ... each library is unique, even of the same modeled hardware. And then we have Dev's creating libraries of hardware from different time periods.

The creative, sonic options make each of these worth owning, with these choices of 'similar' brands, lets you put unique sonic signatures across a project with just the right character, by allowing each instrument to speak it's own voice from a coherent point of reference.

Support all Our Dev's ... they are key 8-)

Alex B's stuff is incredible...his ElyXComp just changed the way I can compress my mix bus. Like I switched the demo of my chain...and it all fell apart. My first time to experience this in such a strong manner. You're right that with so many choices of great gear you can truly put your signature onto mixes and masters. I'm amazed. it quickly becomes second nature. You pick up things because you want certain colour, certain behaviour, certain character.
Cupwise, Alex B, Signaltonoise, CDsoundmaster, Tim P., Room Hunters... all this guys create amazing stuff.
So happy that I discovered this. Blessings.
glaca
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby robschroeder » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:22 am

rubcn wrote:Thanks Rob!
I ussually do mixing for minimal techno, Melodic techno (underground) and analogue House, vintage synths and analogue drum machines like tr909/808 etc...
I asked about Pink because, one of the best mix engineer who mix for the most part of top produces of my kind of style do the drums EQ and group compression with API550 and the famous punchy 2500 comp.
Mix Engineer is Hannes Bieger

I understand but keep in mind because he does this you don't have to do this too. At the end of the day is your experience that counts and Hannes has lots of experience. The tools are only tools and flavours nothing else ;)
robschroeder

Return to Other things