Login

Violet

Acustica Audio's Official Included Library
Nebula3/N4 libraries (Rose, Violet, YROY)
Free Unregistered Version Libraries

Re: Violet

Postby DarkandKurious » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:30 pm

giancarlo wrote:this is a nebula library, it sounds incredibly good and it is not meant to be a replica. Possibly we'll release an acqua version later, taking in account all subtle things.
The most important feature, it seems "invisible", but it glues the sound perfectly
It's really a step forward in compression.

Please do release an Aqua at some point, as not all of us are wishing for that level of control, or we're not all ready for the full nebula learning curve. As you have already done the hard work, an Aqua package will just mean more sales for you.

...compressors make my wallet itchy to get used :lol:
macOS Sierra, ProTools 12.8
Navy, Purple, Pink 2412/7236, Ultramarine, Coral, Lime, Pearl, Diamond, Gold, Cobalt, Ebony
DarkandKurious
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby tumburu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Well, nothing is subtle or invisible about the sound of this unit. Too bad, it could have been for me a reason to go for N4. The AlexB libraries were kinda that (subtle/invisible) and always a disappointment for me.

Maybe one day...
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:02 pm

compression is not "pumping", compression is very smooth and invisible. This is a direct consequence of the approach used, which is the soft saturator one. Those kind of compressors are always gentle even at extreme attack and release settings. Coral is an example (but the curve is rather different; also coral is derived from a tube device). An other example is dw frn vt7.
Add to the discussion several points: attacks are never "fast" and with a very noticeable hold effect, and most of release times are rather slow and with a very gentle slope (not just a straight line like the one you could see in a sand bus compressor).
I don't think alexb can emulate those curves using a nebula3 template approach, because those one are not pure exponentials (and basic nebula3 templates are using a pure exponential if not hacked accordingly). There was a picture in my story, instagram page, but it expired several minutes ago.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby fabio.migliorati » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Acustica is pleased to announce VIOLET series.

Violet_003.png

(*Nebula4 - VIOLET COMP)

*We offer for FREE to all N4 customers new impressive commercial libraries, this pack

includes:

-VIOLET COMPRESSOR (N3 compressor library, single istance)
violet-comp.png

-VIOLET PREAMP (N3 preamp library, single istance)
violet-pre.png

-VIOLET ACQUA LIBRARY (pre + comp, 2 istances)
violetacqua.JPG

VIOLET COMPRESSOR & VIOLET PREAMP use the same .AUT of N4

Like ROSE we decided to give to all N4 owner also the VIOLET COMPRESSOR - ACQUA LIBRARY version (the best emulation by Acustica characterized by new gorgeus N4 skin).

The acqua library version of Violet WORKS ONLY if loaded by Nebula, this isn't a standard standalone Acqua Plugin.
In order to authorise this version of Violet you can:
-Use Aquarius: the Violet plug-in will appear in the list of plugins installed in your system, click on Authorize button, on the right of Violet thumbnail.
-Authorize it manually: coping the N4.AUT file inside your Nebula temp repository in the current path: "../Nebula4TempRepository/AcquaPlugins/"

All versions include in only one installer called N4 Library WIN VIOLET, you can find it in N4 folder on BOX.

Here the direct link to download the WIN version:

https://app.box.com/shared/static/8zfz5 ... t0fjsi.zip

OSX version will be available as soon as possible

stay tuned!

Acustica
fabio.migliorati

Postby tumburu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:11 pm

giancarlo wrote:compression is not "pumping", compression is very smooth and invisible. This is a direct consequence of the approach used, which is the soft saturator one. Those kind of compressors are always gentle even at extreme attack and release settings.
Add to the discussion several points: attacks are never "fast", and most of release times are rather slow and with an incredible gentle slope.
I don't think alexb can emulate those curves using a nebula3 template approach, because those one are not pure exponentials. There was a picture in my story, instagram page, but it expired several minutes ago.

I suppose you mean soft knee; well it's actually a vari-mu and those things are gold on the mixbus exactly for that. But this unit has a special 'sound' which makes it valuable to me. And that sound is directly connected to the sc filter and the very colored output stage.

Release that in whatever form and I'll buy it instantly.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:16 pm

the term "soft" knee doesn't explain exactly what is happening in tube devices. A S*L ratio 2 has a soft knee. Here the curve is composed COMPLETELY by a soft knee. The approach was explained several months ago in coral, and it is similar to a soft saturator strategy, instead compared to an hard one (a compressor is adding to this curve time constants... but the basic static function is an ideal saturator).
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:17 pm

fabio.migliorati wrote:Acustica is pleased to announce VIOLET series.

Violet_003.png

(*Nebula4 - VIOLET COMP)

*We offer for FREE to all N4 customers new impressive commercial libraries, this pack

includes:

-VIOLET COMPRESSOR (N3 compressor library, single istance)
violet-comp.png

ok guys, I'll lock the topic so everyone will be able to read this important message.

About violet, usage and so on please open a new topic in whatever forum section

-VIOLET PREAMP (N3 preamp library, single istance)
violet-pre.png

VIOLET COMPRESSOR & VIOLET PREAMP use the same .AUT of N4

Like ROSE we decided to give to all N4 owner also the VIOLET COMPRESSOR - ACQUA PLUGIN version (the best emulation by Acustica characterized by new gorgeus N4 skin).
This last need to be authorized so please use our tool AQUARIUS LITE to do it (download it from your dashboard).

All versions include in only one installer called N4 Library WIN VIOLET, you can find it in N4 folder on BOX.

Here the direct link to download the WIN version:

https://app.box.com/shared/static/8zfz5 ... t0fjsi.zip

OSX version will be available as soon as possible

stay tuned!

Acustica
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:26 pm

ok we locked this exact topic, so people can read easily about the release links. We started a different topic, with those infos at the beginning of the thread.
Let the discussion begin!
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Francesco.Tedeschi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:50 pm

Violet library rel B (Windows) released.
Fixes:
-AAX skinned library bug solved
-reduction meter bug solved
-bypass bug solved
Francesco Tedeschi
Francesco.Tedeschi
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Acustica Library (Nebula3/N4)