Login

What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Acustica Audio's Official Included Library
Nebula3/N4 libraries (Rose, Violet, YROY)
Free Unregistered Version Libraries

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby flaviusr » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:49 am

Keep measuring :D
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.9.5
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Nebula 4 Cubase Pro 9 Wavelab Pro 9 Reaper 5.35 Ozone 7 Pro Tools 12.5
User avatar
flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Brasil

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby Melodist » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:01 am

flaviusr wrote:Keep measuring :D


So you just don't care and use it because it sounds good? That's funny, cause I thought Acustica was for people who wanted the ultimate analog / plugin experience possible?

Oh you are Dev, that's even more entertaining.

I'll show you a picture which compares the harmonics from VCC with the ones from a real channel. Top is VCC, bottom the real channel.

Alex B's library has almost no harmonics, so you're just getting the phase response, if that's even real... Don't have a picture of it, maybe I'll do it later today.

*edit* found it, that's the most i could get out of it, wow, what an analog experience...

And in case you wonder, the 4k console from Alex B doesn't look any different.
Attachments
blk.jpg
wow...
vcc.jpg
Top is VCC, bottom the real channel.
Melodist
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby davidgary73 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:43 am

Melodist wrote:
davidgary73 wrote:
doubtingtom37 wrote:Would like to try Nebula 3 Library emulations which are felt to be closest to results offered by Slate VCC. I have never used Slate products, but read comments on Reaper Forum which stimulated this inquiry. :?:


I have VCC and used it since the launch. Bought some Neb consoles from AlexB last month and i retired VCC for good :D

Should have bought them earlier hahaha.

THE MFC is phenomenal and also the American 16.

Do check out the demo @ http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/alexb/consoles.htm


Are you kidding me? Alex B's is NOTHING compared with VCC. VCC accurately creates the same harmonics a real channel does while Alex B's stuff does 0 harmonics, I've measured it all...


Nope..i’m not kidding..VCC in the trash hahaha :P

Use what ever sounds best to your ears :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.3.1 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta3 • Green3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • N3 & N4 • Diamond • Ivory3 •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
User avatar
davidgary73
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 am

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby babiuk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:09 am

Melodist wrote:
flaviusr wrote:Keep measuring :D


So you just don't care and use it because it sounds good?


I think this is exactly THE reason to use something in audio world, because it sounds good.

Apart from this, you are maybe missing some element on your analysis because Alexb is the opposite to NOTHING, particularly when compared to slate
Mac Pro 5,1 / 6-core Intel Xeon / 16 GB Ram / El Capitan / Reaper / H******* Mixbuss
User avatar
babiuk
Member
Member
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:16 am

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby flaviusr » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm

the fake guy is comparing a high shelf with a fake slate console? AlexB has at least two kinds of programs, one is with less harmonics, if you want a cleaner sound or less CPU consuming. Both programs are heaven. You decide.
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.9.5
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Nebula 4 Cubase Pro 9 Wavelab Pro 9 Reaper 5.35 Ozone 7 Pro Tools 12.5
User avatar
flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Brasil

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby botus99 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Melodist wrote:Alex B's stuff does 0 harmonics, I've measured it all...

Demonstrable nonsense.

I have the feeling our new friend hasn't measured the 4KC CONSOLE against VCC. We can all agree EQ's and consoles are different right?

Anyone else remember the fiasco with VCC's more-or-less copying AlexB's original V1 CLC? IIRC there was some phase response discrepancy because of an outside piece of gear that was left in the chain during CLC's sampling that VCC also had. Highly suspicious coincidence, and clearly an error/fault in both cases. Something like that, please correct me if I'm wrong (my memory isn't perfect, but it gets me by)... Not trying to spread misinformation, but I do remember AlexB being quite upset and having plenty of evidence to bolster his case.

Yup, keep measuring. Load up a 10 kernel preamp/console program and compare apples to apples. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Ah, the heck with it... Enjoy Melodist! Note the "0 harmonics" :o
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled2.png
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon
User avatar
botus99
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby Melodist » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:18 pm

Who of you has actually owned an S*L? I have. Do you know where the harmonics are generated mostly? In the EQ card.

flaviusr wrote:the fake guy is comparing a high shelf with a fake slate console? AlexB has at least two kinds of programs, one is with less harmonics, if you want a cleaner sound or less CPU consuming. Both programs are heaven. You decide.


Would you define fake guy please?
Melodist
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby botus99 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Melodist wrote:Who of you has actually owned an S*L? I have. Do you know where the harmonics are generated mostly? In the EQ card.

Worked on, not owned... it doesn't matter concerning your point though. Your first claim was that "AlexB's stuff does 0 harmonics." I provided evidence otherwise.

Your new point (which is irrelevant to your first) may be true... but again, you fail to provide credible evidence. However, true or not, this really doesn't matter.

VCC. We were talking about VCC. CONSOLE emulation. YOU brought up EQ. The thread subject is console emulation with VCC vs console emulation with Nebula.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon
User avatar
botus99
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby Melodist » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:06 pm

botus99 wrote:
Melodist wrote:Who of you has actually owned an S*L? I have. Do you know where the harmonics are generated mostly? In the EQ card.

Worked on, not owned... it doesn't matter concerning your point though. Your first claim was that "AlexB's stuff does 0 harmonics." I provided evidence otherwise.

Your new point (which is irrelevant to your first) may be true... but again, you fail to provide credible evidence. However, true or not, this really doesn't matter.

VCC. We were talking about VCC. CONSOLE emulation. YOU brought up EQ. The thread subject is console emulation with VCC vs console emulation with Nebula.


Yes and part of the console is the EQ, and the EQ generates a lot of harmonics.
Last edited by Melodist on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Melodist
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby lubomba » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Usually there are 2 versions of AlexB EQs. The "LE" version is sampled without harmonics (or at least reduced). Use the one without LE if you want stronger coloration.

Or maybe he preferred to remove some parts of the EQ card before sampling it... don't know, but using the console Pre IN before EQ etc and then the Mixbus Pre you should get pretty accurate harmonics
lubomba
Member
Member
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Acustica Library (Nebula3/N4)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests